Re: Almost without a hitch... issue/question at the end.

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 10:24:57 EDT

I would just use a flat washer and/or the old nut whatever it takes to build it
out so the lock cover engages the nut and the cotter pin engages the lock cover
and not make another though about it.

FWIW, I have never taken a 4x4 or FWD front end apart that did not have a flat
washer between the nut and hub. They are usually quite thick 1/8" to 3/16" and
are hardened. I have also found the hardware supplied with aftermarket parts is
not always the same as what was supplied from the factory. I more often than
not reuse the factory hardware.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4