Re: Heater core lets go at 37,500..........need advice.

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 23:09:10 EDT

Hey, Steve...

<snip>So where exactly do the heater hoses attach on the manifold? <snip>

Not sure on the '01, but on the 2K, you can actually see where the 2 heater
hoses head thru the firewall, on the passenger side of the engine...
You'll hafta disconnect there & insert a coupling to join the hoses together
& clamp them so the coolant bypasses the core...
I'da done that, but I figgered to get the DAKSY into the
shop...unfortunately it's a small (but good) shop run by a father & son &
they don't always schedule accordingly...sorta the right hand - left hand
thingie...it's been there for 3 days & I'm without her until Monday at the
earliest...6 hour job & the cost of reclaiming the refrigerant...
Good Luck.
HTH,

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY