Wiring Harness

From: Garret Lewis (ladysmithgwl@1bigred.com)
Date: Sat Sep 04 2004 - 21:07:45 EDT

Well, I've been having an aggravating problem with my Dak. My brake light
fuse keeps blowing. It seems to be related to when I put the truck in
reverse. I've done some trouble shooting and found some corrosion/bad wires
in the wiring harness that goes from the brake/tail light and reverse light
to the connector under the bed. So, does anyone know where would be a good
place to get replacement wiring harnesses (p/n 56018835)? With it being
Saturday, all of the auto salvage yards were closed.

What is really weird is that I can sit with the truck in reverse (not
running) and my foot on the brake for about 5 minutes and nothing happens.
When I start and move the truck, I put it in reverse, put my foot on the
brake and "poof" the fuse blows and out goes the brake lights.

Any input/suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Garret