Re: ball joint recall?

From: Chocolate Salty Balls - CSB - (csb_jk@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 15:30:19 EDT

Out of curiosity, how would one tell if said "ball joints" were going bad?
I have been having some issues with something or another in my front end.

When I stop, accelerate, or take a sharp turn and straighten the wheel i
feel some sort of "bumb" in the steering wheel and a bit in the break pedal
(in the case of stopping, or turning). I have also noticed that recently
when I go over speed bumps or just road debris that I am getting a similar
feeling, like someting is hitting the steering column, or loose in the front
end somewhere.

I don't think it's the bearings, or tie-rods. I've jacked each side up and
wiggled each front wheel and they both seem quite solid.

I have a 2000 dakota slt 4.7L

Sorry if this is a really crappy explanation. I just dread taking the truck
to the dealer. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks!
Sam