Re: RE: Re: Tonneau covers - Snaps or Snapless?

From: Bill Knight (billk5008@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 10:03:30 EDT

Besides velcro I do remember of seeing one that uses a type of plastive
J-Hook. Simillar in fashion to hooking your fingers together. Kind of like
putting your fingers together then bringing the tips back towards your
palms. Then hook your two hands together. Similar to that. Unfortunately
I do not remember the name of the company that did this. I wound up going
the cheap route with my tonneau several years ago when I had the Dak. Took
a couple sheets of 3/4" marine plywood and mytered them together. Put a
frame of pine under the edges and the middle where it came together.
Treated the hole thing with a few coats of water sealant. Then got some of
that black outdoor carpet to cover. Also fashioned a support for the center
to keep grocery's from sliding to the front. I could put several large
people on the deck and it would not break. Because of the weight it never
bounced off either. Admittedlly the drawbacks were, it was not completely
waterproof and could not be removed easily for storage to haul larger stuff
but was a cheap alternative and I did get alot of complements on it.
""Rick Barnes"" <barnesrv@comcast.net> wrote in message

> And I love my Snug Top Hardtop! Locks up my guns and stuff.
>
> Rascal

If