Re: Tonneau covers - Snaps or Snapless?

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 16:46:13 EDT

My brother had a tonneau that had a plastic strip on the edges that hooked into
a groove on the rails. In the winter it was super difficult to get this hooked
up, to the point he just took it off. I have a tonneau (Extang Platnium Series)
that has snaps that slide on the rail for alignment. I have had it for almost 5
years on two different Dakota's and it works very well. Once in awhile I spray
a little silicone lube into the snaps but that is it. In cold winter weather if
the tonneau is rolled up for an hour or more it can be difficult to snap down
the corner snaps but worst case I have had to leave a couple unsnapped until it
stretched out again.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4