throttle "searching"?

From: werlax@hotmail.com
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 22:37:44 EDT

When I accelerate hard and get up to the highest gears, I'm having throttle
issues. It'll hit high gear, then shift down, shift up, shift down..
probably only a second between each. It causes the truck to surge
forward/back. Could this merely be a matter of adjusting the TPS?
When I ordered my ported TB from Hughes Engines they detailed information
regarding modifying the TPS. Basically I removed the brass bushings so I
could tweak the voltage to the sensor. I'm wondering if it could be causing
this problem and, if so, which way I should tweak the setting. I have it
set now in the .7 range (can't remember exactly) but the problem is that
I've done a few other things since I've adjusted the setting. What else
could be causing this?

Just for reference, I'm listing the changes I've made to my truck.
K&N intake
Ported TB 728CFM (1.5" Hg)
Ported cylinder heads
1.7 Comp Cams Roller Rockers
JBA headers and exhaust
TPS mod (still tweaking)
Plenum pan repair w/ 1/4" thick aluminum plate
Edelbrock IAS shocks
Moog upper ball joints
Powerslot rotors
Hawk brake pads