Re: Re: RE: Re: throttle "searching"?

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 12:26:15 EDT

<werlax@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ci4h3j$2np$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> Thanks for the reply. I was hoping it was something similar to what
you've
> mentioned, but I didn't know where to start looking. Transmissions are a
> black box to me. I don't have a scanner, but I've long wanted to get
> something. Is there a brand you'd recommend? Is there a product that
will
> act as both a programmer and a scanner for a '97 5.2L?
> Thanks again,
> Mark

If you're looking for a programmer(tuner)/scanner, I'd recommend the
superchips device. It's just a basic code scanner though, it wouldn't give
you the information Bernd is asking you to check. You might check with
AutoXray to see what they've got and if it'll give you the necessary
information. I also know there is a program out there that allows you to
use a laptop but know nothing about what kind of data it retreives. Good
luck!

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L