Re: 99 5.2 Dakota rattle

From: Matt (someone@microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 15:35:58 EDT

Looks like I'll be taking it to the vet. Unfortunately I don't have alot of
time to troubleshoot.

No movement of the tires while the truck was up, nor was there any noise
while turning the wheels while the truck was up. So I turned the key, left
it idle. No noise. Put it in gear, and sure enough, the nasty noise was
heard.

Sounds like the noise is coming from the crank, and it doesn't sound good.
Sounds like sheared gears rolling around or something. Sounds like a lot of
money, really.

It doesn't make any sense. When I shift everything seems tight and
responsive. All the fluids (the ones I'm aware of anyway) all checked out.

Off to the vet I go.