Re: "Sir" Bill vs. Ivan The Terrible

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 13:51:31 EDT

I totally understand. I've been in perpetual hurricane watch for the past 4
weeks.

Ivan was 350+ miles away from me yesterday, and still raised Tampa Bay by
2.5 feet yesterday afternoon. My street and entire subdivision was flooded
again. Not enough to invade the garage this time but enough to keep me up
until 3:30 AM to keep an eye on the overnight tide. By then Ivan was far
enough away that I didn't get water on the street again. I had moved the
R/Ts as a precaution, and put the 98 on blocks again though.

Looks like southern AL and the FL Panhandle got slammed pretty f'ning hard.

And for those along the Atlantic coast, we have another one to watch out for
Jeanne.

TonyC