Re: RE: 1999 3.9 V6 SLT 4x4 Performance Problem

From: Geoff Wilson (grifter@intertek.net)
Date: Sun Sep 19 2004 - 02:45:55 EDT

We installed a new rotor, dist cap, plugs and the belt while we were at
it (pretty much all original from what we could tell)

I didn't get to take a look at the rotor or dist cap, but those plugs
were fried...almost no electrode left on any of them. As for the 02
sensor, I would think they replaced that with the cat (the only dealer
work done of it) 6 months ago.

I took it for an in town and highway test to make sure nothing would
explode on her and it was like a new truck. It got up to 70 much easier
and stayed there at less than 50% throttle (unlike the WOT to keep it at
65 before)

Thanks for your help.