Re: Stupid rounded off fill plug

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Sep 20 2004 - 15:03:59 EDT

On Sep 20, 2004, at 12:05, Jason Bleazard wrote:

> So, in trying to change the fluid in my AX-15 manual transmission, I
> discovered that the fill plug doesn't want to move. Good thing I
> thought
> to open that one first before I drained all the fluid out. It's a bit
> beaten up to begin with, made worse by the fact that I managed to round
> one of the corners off of the thing trying to get it to budge.

Is there enough of it sticking out to get a vie grips on there very
well? How about a box-end wrench (since you only rounded off one flat
I'm assuming you were using an open end)?

--
Michael Maskalans         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/>
'98 Dakota CC 4x4 318               '84 RamCharger 4x4 360