RE: Tooting horn for a fellow DMLer !

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 11:51:54 EDT

<snip>
> Wishing him the best at the National Championships.
>
> Bob

Thank you Bob and thanks to all who wrote with congrats! It's much
appreciated!! Bob, being the modest guy he is, left out the news that HE
finished 7th in points at his track and qualified for the IHRA Bracket
Finals in his Division. This despite his advanced age <joking Bob!> and
numerous issues with his Dak this year. Way to go Bob!!

For those who asked, yes I am planning to attend the World Finals in Pomona
and compete for the National Championship. I'm hoping that at age 61 I can
again overcome youth and enthusiasm with old age and treachery. :-) I
only need to solve the issue of acquiring a truck and trailer to get the old
Dak out there. I don't mind driving it a couple hundred miles to race but
3000 is a little much!

Thanks again everyone!

RayB