Re: Headlight problem

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 00:36:47 EDT

Aaron Wyse wrote:

> Since you guys are usually quicker than finding the manual.. Does
> anyone know off the top of thier head where the circuit breaker for the
> headlights is located/ or have a part number for it.
> I used to have a habit of riding at night "maintaining flash to pass
> mode" makes nice lighting for back roads; well about 9-10 months ago; truck
> got to where headlights would go off after a few miles driving like that, so
> I quit doing it. Tonite, coming home from dinner.. they started going off
> and coming back on again.. without having the high beams on.
> Would this be the circuit breaker for the headlights overheating, or is
> it just that I ran the dimmer swithch into the ground? If it is the dimmer,
> is that the actual piece in the steering column, or is the switch that dies
> actually located somewhere else?
> Aaron Wyse

I'd check the turnsignal switch first. I had something like that happen
to me in my dad's intrepid years ago and that's what it ended up being.
  It happened to me in my truck the other day except that when I turned
the brights off, the normal headlights didn't come back on. I replaced
the turn signal multi function switch and all was well again. I think
it was about $20, but I'm really bad about paying attention to or
remembering prices of anything.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L