Headlight problem

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 23:44:41 EDT

    Since you guys are usually quicker than finding the manual.. Does
anyone know off the top of thier head where the circuit breaker for the
headlights is located/ or have a part number for it.
    I used to have a habit of riding at night "maintaining flash to pass
mode" makes nice lighting for back roads; well about 9-10 months ago; truck
got to where headlights would go off after a few miles driving like that, so
I quit doing it. Tonite, coming home from dinner.. they started going off
and coming back on again.. without having the high beams on.
    Would this be the circuit breaker for the headlights overheating, or is
it just that I ran the dimmer swithch into the ground? If it is the dimmer,
is that the actual piece in the steering column, or is the switch that dies
actually located somewhere else?
Aaron Wyse