Anybody want to give me a free radio? :-)

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Sep 24 2004 - 16:38:42 EDT

  Just a shot in the dark. :-)

   I just wanted to check to see if there is anyone out there with a
Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge radio collecting dust somewhere which they
might want to get rid of? The AM/FM/Cassette in my '90 Dak is
dying/dead so I should probably replace it. :-) This is definitely
a zero priority item so I'm not looking to spend much time or money
on it. ;-) I just thought I would check to see if there was
someone out there tripping over a head unit which they might want to
get out of the way and send to me for the cost of shipping instead
of throwing it out.

  Obviously, I am looking for a working radio. :-) One with a
cassette would be pretty cool, and a CD/cassette would be really
cool, but even just AM/FM would be fine. I'm not exactly sure
what sort of model year interchangeability there is with these
things, but I suspect any standard Mopar radio from the early
90's era would work, and even if I have to cut and splice, I
suspect just about any Mopar radio of the proper DIN size could
be made to work. The current radio is a non-Infinity, so I
suspect any repacement should be as well... Anyway, I guess
I'll see if anybody has got anything, and if so I can pull the
old radio to check on compatibility. :-)

  As far as getting it to me, I would be glad to reimburse you
for shipping or if you are planning to head down for Daktoberfest,
feel free to consider it your contribution to the donation can. :-)

  Many thanks in advance!

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'