Re: how high is too high?

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri Sep 24 2004 - 22:59:32 EDT

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:34:00 -0500, Josh Battles <josh@omg-stfu.com> wrote:
>

>> So, I was at the liquor store between classes today and saw this. It
>> was too good to not take a picture of. How do you think he gets
>> in/out of this thing?
>>
>> http://www.omg-stfu.com/temp/liftedram.jpg
>>

> Doesn't look too bad, height wise. about right for the tires.
> HOWEVER - he's got room for like 3" of stuff.

stupid mud trucks.....

(eyeroll) On behalf of everyone on Earth who was not born an elitist
rock crawler... :flipoff2: hehehehehe

> he's gotta cut his fenders big time to give those 39.5s some room to go
> UP (that's a guess on the size)
> He's also still running a D44/9.25, axle-wise. Not only does that mean
> the best gears he can get are 4.88s (I wonder if he drives around in low
> range....) but it also means if it's still rolling down the street he
> never takes it off the street. That d44 front ought to eat ujoints like
> nothing else with 40s on it.
>
> welcome to...... MALL CRAWLERS!
>
> I think he should trade those swampers knock-offs for some Nitto 40z
> [sic] on dubs, and throw down some NOS!

Yes - I agree that truck does not see much non-pavement use. I would do
things a little different than him (like hack the fenders) - but overall
- its not bad really. I like the way the light bar looks on his truck -
pondering one for mine now heh.