'05s

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 19:16:00 EDT

Took a look for myself today.

Fuel tank hangs below the frame rail by about 2". truck is already
sitting about 2-3" lower than a gen III. :eek:

all skid plates are back to steel

there's a nifty funnel sort of thing to keep oil filter changes from
spilling onto the extremely low and large front crossmember. at least
on the 3.7.....

back seat room in the CC seems to have stayed the same or even shrunk a
bit. seats in the CC now seem to be an option since there was an ST
without any seats or provisions for seats.

underseat storage is gone. the body bulges up to the bottom of the
40-40 (sic) split jump seats. couldn't get far enough under the truck
to see if anything was using that space (my head doesn't fit under the
frame rails in the middle of the truck)

tow hooks make a return. they look better than the last incarnation.

the rear bumper (optionally?) contains a real hitch. a bent tubular
frame comes down from the frame rails to support a nice thick ball
mounting plate housed by the rear bumper. very nice.

styling-wise, from the B pillar back it's 110%. I'm not sold on the
front. lift it 6" and replace the front bumper with something that
isn't 8" in front of the grille and maybe we can talk.

I was also surprised to see that the headlights are not shared with the
Durango. They look incredibly similar, but have completely different
reflector configurations.

The salesman I was talking with was also a dink. he was new and
confused (can get a dak with a HEMI, "that new" ABS, "those new" second
gen airbags, etc.)

--
Michael Maskalans         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/>
'98 Dakota CC 4x4 318               '84 RamCharger 4x4 360