Random Info: Belt Strips

From: Travis Bailey (dusterrt@msn.com)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 22:24:59 EDT

Just wanted to note a little something I did today; for those of you with
old, cracked belt strips but don't want to pay $100 for new ones and can't
find good used ones, here's an alternative.

I don't know the interchange, but I got mine off a '95 Ram 2500. Popped 'em
off with a screwdriver at a junkyard, didn't even charge me for them.
Removed the old one, cut the new one to length with a hacksaw, snap on, seal
the ends with black silicone to keep the steel "frame" from rusting out from
the ends. Right depth and everything, looks factory.

Maybe tomorrow when I do the other side I'll take some pics..and put them on
the website I don't have, lol.

Travis
'92 Dak 5.2 4x4