RE: Random Info: Belt Strips

From: Travis Bailey (dusterrt@msn.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 10:32:46 EDT

>: why use used ones. new ones are only $62.00(right side) and 67.00(left
>side)
>: each from the dealer. imo it is worth it.
>
>: part numbers are 4260134/4260135. there are hundreds still in Depots and
>: dealers inventory around the country.
>

> This is probably my inner cheapskate coming to the surface (its
>never buried very deep) ;-) but dang if almost $130 doesn't sound
>like a lot of money for a couple of little rubber strips with some
>felt stuck to them! (Somebody working a $7/hr job would have to
>work half a week just to pay for 'em!) That would give me a month's
>worth of lunch at McDonalds, or I could extend my Car & Driver
>subscription for 16 years... I sure can't blame him for cruising the
>junkyards; I'd probably be doing the same, even if I could afford
>them; its the principle of the thing. :-) Then again, I could be
>off base here - my perception of life, the universe and everything
>doesn't always coincide with what many peoplw would consider to be
>"normal". ;-)

If Jon didn't hit the nail on the head with that one, lol. Yeah..I mean
right now I would have to buy them one at a time over the course of a month
as broke as I am and only making $5.50/hr. So right now free worked out
pretty well, once I graduate and I start making slightly more than minimum
wage hopefully, I'll get the factory pieces. Somewhat rough around the
edges but looks much better than before..

Pennypinchin' Travis
'92 Dak 5.2 4x4