Re: '05s again

From: Ed McCarrick (edmccarrick@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 08:37:34 EDT

--- Michael Maskalans <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote:

> I just remembered something else I was going to
> mention on the '05s:
> weird exhaust.
>
> the catalytic(s?) are *way* far forward - I actually
> didn't see
> anything that looked like one. I suppose there
> could be one hiding
> directly above a crossmember.... anyway, in
> addition to the muffler
> (same location as a III, but smaller) there is an
> expansion chamber
> where I was expecting the cat (looks like a 1/3
> length muffler) and
> another resonator/ expansion chamber as the exhaust
> is coming back down
> from going over the rear axle (same as the forward
> 1/3 length muffler
> dealie).

I forget where I read it but I did hear there was
quite an effort to "quiet" the dak so it now has 2
resonators.

I was on the dodge web site the other day and wow has
the price gone up on the new gen. I priced up
basically the same as my truck except with and auto
(they don't have the manual available yet??) and it
cost $31K with a $1K off. That compared to the almost
$28 I paid for mine. That was an SLT not the Laramie
shhhessshh

Ed
'00 QC 4x4