Re: I Took A Gen IV For A Spin Today

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 13:00:50 EDT

On Wed, September 29, 2004 9:16 am, Andy Levy said:

> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:35:05 -0500, Terrible Tom
> <silvereightynine@aol.com> wrote:
>>
>> Next, I do not like where they placed the 4x4 control knob. It is low
>> under the dash behind the cup holders. Also the aux power outlet and
>> passenger side air bag switch are also recessed behind there. Not easy
>> access at all.

Sounds like they're trying to hide the control from people who just buy
the 4x4 model for the "4x4" sticker on the back and don't have any clue
how to actually use it. <sigh...>

> Well, keep in mind it was an auto, and most likely 3.55 gears.
> Neither Ed nor I have any complaints about the 4.7 in our trucks :)

No complaints here either. The gear ratio does make a huge difference,
especially with a rev-happy OHC engine like the 4.7.

By the way, I wish you guys would stop talking about the gen IV (not
likely, but I can dream). It's depressing to hear so much about how
they've turned the Dak in to a gutless, spineless CAR. I haven't seen any
up here yet, it'll probably be a couple of months before they bother
sending any across the border.

I hope both of our trucks last a good long time. Good thing I don't have
any plans for a new truck any time in the forseeable future, otherwise I'd
be really annoyed.