OT: Chrysler part number lookup

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 10:38:03 EDT

   Just wondering if someone with access to a parts computer at
a dealership might be able to look up a part number for me? Its
out of a 2002 Chrysler Town & Country and the part number on it
is 04885482AA/D. Basically, I would like to know what to call
the darn thing and also, if you have a price on it, that would
be great too. Essentially, its a small circuit board that has
a transistor on it attached to a MONSTER heat sink. Its for
the HVAC system, and provides power to the front blower motor.
If I had to guess, I'd probably call it a blower motor controller.
I did find something on Tenafly called a blower motor resistor,
but MSRP on that was about $11 which seems way too cheap for
this piece. (Who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.) ;-)
Tenafly has a part number lookup on their site, but no variation
on that part number brought anything up. Just thought I would
see if I could get some basic info (name, price) before I
called the local dealers to check stock and price.

   Speaking of which (possible Dakota content) ;-) Does anyone
know of a way for the "layperson" to access Mopar's parts number
database? It would be nice if we could type a part number into a
form, and it would tell us the official name for a part, price,
etc. Tenafly "sort of" has that - its obviously not a complete
database though. Granted, I can always call local dealers, but
I don't like using the phone and mostly I don't want to waste
other people's time. (Oftentimes when I want to look up a
part number it is just for research; in this case I actually
need to buy the part, so I wouldn't feel so bad about calling
the dealer.)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'