RE: Request for input? Exhaust.

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 08:46:08 EDT

I have always been a big fan of the Dynomax Super Turbo muffler. Resonably
quite and attractively priced. However, when my wife was asking what I wanted
this past x-mas I circled the Dynomax and Flowmaster cat back systems in the
Jegs catalog. I told her either one would make me happy.

At the time the Flowmaster system was on sale for $150 so my wife chose to save
$50. Anyway that's what I got and it is my first Flowmaster exhaust. It is
called a Force II system and is a single out 3" manderal bent cat back with a
"50 Series SUV" muffler. It took less than an hour to install, the muffler was
the same length as the stock muffler and had a 2.5" inlet so it was a direct
fit onto the pipe from the cat. It was provided with hangers and installed onto
all the stock mounts with no adjustments. I was very pleased with the whole
installation.

Overall this exhaust is barely louder than stock. It definately has the
signature Flowmaster sound at startup and has a nice deep burble at idle. Going
down the road there is no interior resonance. At WOT throttle it has a slight
roar to it but certainly not enough to make someone at the side of the road
look. There is a small but noticable improvement in acceleration from about
2500rpm up. Overall on my daily driver Dakota I am very happy.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4 V6