Re: '05 DML Calendar?

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 11:02:36 EDT

Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com wrote:
> It's October, should we start thinking about photos for next year's DML
> calendar?
>
> Walt
> http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.Com

Sounds like a good idea to me Walt. However I don't have any new Dak
pics to submit. :-( Considering the lack of anything resembling
successful participation, with previous DML calendars... your guess is
as good as mine, as to if it will happen or not. First few years - Jon
got stuck with a box full of unsold calendars... the 2003 Calendar was
screwed up by CafePress, requiring a 2nd production run. And our 2004
Calendars were pulled from production early in the game, by CafePress,
citing some total reeking pile of manure claims about copyright
infringement - that said basically "Your trucks are the designs of the
auto manufacture, you cannot take pictures of them and print them for
sale" (I wanna bitchslap some one over at CafePress for that one)

I only was able to get copies of my Calendar, because Jon resubmitted
the pictures to CafePress, hoping that they wouldn't redflag and pull
them off again, before I could order a couple.

CafePress presented a great solution for us in making the Calendar. Jon
didn't have to foot the bill for production costs, and didn't have to
risk eating the loss if people didn't come through and order one. And
the quality of the calendars they produce, are top notch to boot.

The biggest problem however, is lack of participation. With the DML
membership falling off over the last couple years, (shrug) it seems to
be just us hardcore lunatics that submit pics.

On an ironical side note - now that I have a digital camera to take pics
of my trucks, I don't have trucks to take pics of!

I thought about submitting pics of the Ram as an "honorary Dakota" - -
but that idea is blasphemy to morals. heh.