Re: RE: Goodyear Wranglers

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 10:48:36 EDT

Stlaurent CIV Steven wrote:
> If they came with the truck, the tires are built to Chrysler specs. The Goodyear or Michelins brand are different.
>
> When I replaced the Hemi truck's front Michelins, the factor were 4-ply versus the 10-ply on the same model. What a difference between the tire with the same brand and model number.
>
> Buy your tires to match your driving habits or requirements.

Yup - which means that my driving habits require me to have a tire that
can give me TRACTION... not slippage. I seriously doubt that D.C
specfically has Badyear Manglers built to different specs than alllll
the other Badyear Mangler tires that are manufactured. My unscientific,
uninformed, non-insider opinion would be that they took the lowest bid
when selecting Goodyear Wrangler tires for their rolling stock.