Towing harness question

From: junkmail@pontiacpower.net
Date: Sun Oct 10 2004 - 14:18:41 EDT

I recently bought a small 8x10 trailer and went to hook it up to my '01 R/T and
found that the wiring doesn't seem to be right. I have checked out the wiring
and it is correct both on the truck and trailer. But when they are connected
together it only kinda works. When I have the running/headlights on, I get both
tail lights flashing when I put one of the blinkers on and my backup lights
come on? I think that I need a heavy-duty flasher relay for it. Does any one
know the part number I need for this? And where it is located under that dash?
Or am I way off base on this?

--
Thanks,
Fred