Re: Highway stalling... OMGWTFBBQ

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 01:51:01 EDT

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:52:21 -0500, Josh Battles <josh@omg-stfu.com> wrote:

> Ok, so I sit here rather shaken from probably the most eventful drive that I've ever had.

I wouldn't even consider the VSS. That would screw up your speedo and shift points, not give you a brake light and kill the truck.

My money is on a PCM problem. Make sure all connections to the computer are solid. I'd go for another long drive with an extra PCM if you can get your paws on one. If the problem is happening, swap and see if it's cured.

Focusing on the stalling problem, I'd also check all fuel delivery systems (fuel filter, pump especially), as well as spark delivery (cap/rotor/coil/wires?)

Any codes? Check with your SuperChips in case there's something stored that isn't illuminating your MIL.

How about your battery connection? Or do you know you still had juice (lights/ tunes/ etc)?

--
Mike Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota SLT CC, 318/46RE/231, D44/Sterling 10.25, 4.10s, 35s on Humvee rims