RE: Bad U-Joints??

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 22:32:39 EDT

Its likely U joints...

Rascal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of mike kulczycki
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 9:41 PM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML: Bad U-Joints??

My 94 started making some noises at lunch. I check it out and the driveshaft

is moving. So I figure it's the u-joints. Then I back it up and pull
forward. Check it again and the driveshaft is tight. So could it be
something else?? It makes a terrible grinding noise now. I am a little
worried it could be something else. It seems like there is play in the
tranny end. A little background. It's a CC, so 2 piece driveshaft, V6, auto.

143k miles on it and everything in the driveline is original except the
tranny has about 18k miles on it. Any help is appreciated...

Mike K
94 SLT,CC,239,2wd,auto
95 Sport,RC,360,5-speed
http://www.hornok.com/zig