Re: another newbie question

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 22:09:10 EDT

>>I'm looking to get a tonneau cover for my 04 SXT (extended cab). I'm
looking at soft covers <<

soft cover are convenient, but I honestly can't say I havea ny positive
experiences with them. The worst part about them is that the vinyl shrinks
in the cold, so if you take it off and it's below about 45 degress outside,
it's NOT going back on without some sort of heat-related assistance. I had a
TekStyle and I had problems with losing hardware (thumb-screws and snaps)
and the snaps rusting out. Bear in mind, I live in Va, so you can imagine
what a REAL winter would have done to it. IMHO, the fiberglass covers are
more durable and not really that hard to remove... they're just heavy =)

-miggity
Newport News VA
2000 FR R/T CC

"...someone set up us the bomb...."