RE: DML Digest V5 #2067

From: Zachary Burcham (roadking_dakota@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 12:22:39 EDT

>Hey Zach,
>have you checked your motor mounts lately? Mine wore out, and the motor
>was
>torquing to the right *a lot*. Caused the fan to hit the overflow bottle
>for the radiator, and whacked the fan shroud a couple of times. It's worth
>taking a look at, anyway.
>
>As far as oil in the spark plug hole, my first (optimistic) thing to check
>would be the valve cover gaskets. If they are leaking, oil can drip down
>the spark plugs. On the downside, you may just have oil getting past your
>rings with 170k on her.
>
>Just for giggles, I checked with a client yesterday on a Jasper engine. 3
>year, 75k warranty, $2,419 for the 318, $291 for the engine "kit", $410 for
>labor, and then there's tax. That's a whole lotta money for a 10 year old
>Dak..... but I'm kind of in your situation, too. New tranny and rear this
>year, and I'd hate to get rid of the truck!
>
>Brett Forehand
>'94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto
>
>------------------------------

This truck's not going anywhere, I just dropped about $3300 total between
the tranny and a new set of treads for it and I plan on dying with this
truck in my possession. Talked to way too many people who long for their
first car, I won't make that mistake. I'll describe the sound it's making
as best I can if it helps. Valve cover gaskets are about 2 years old and
aren't leaking. I can look and see where it's coming from. But the sound
is lower, but is most like when you take a big sheet of steel and flex it
back and forth. But it's a lower, duller sound. Not consistant with engine
speed, I heard it once at 1800 RPM and it's the same as it is a idle (800
RPM). Thanks for any info.

Zach Burcham
92dakotahd
www.bsu.edu/web/ztburcham