Re: Daktoberfest 2004 Recap

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sun Oct 24 2004 - 11:29:40 EDT

Well, I was just sitting down to write up a "morning after" post. Looks like
Tom beat me to it.

I have to agree that this might just be the most successful Daktoberfest yet.
Usually we get a lot of last minute cancellations, but I don't think we've
ever had a last-minute surprise appearance! Glad Walt and everyone else
could make it out.

We had an uneventful trip home. We're both very glad to live in Burlington
now instead of Scarborough, as it cuts at least an hour off the trip. That
last hour is pretty miserable when it's 1:00 - 2:00 AM and you've been
standing around in a non-parking lot (strangely with lots of trucks parked in
it) BSing all day.

Although we almost pulled a Tom and had an animal strike. Stupid racoon ran
right in front of us about a block from home. I thought it was a small dog
or large cat at first and gave the ABS system a good test. Our dog in the
back seat wasn't too impressed, as he almost wound up in the front seat.
Just as well I didn't hit the racoon though, I didn't really want racoon guts
on the truck.

Thanks as usual to Jon and his family for their hospitality. Safe journey
home to everyone else.