Re: New Dak cousin - '06 Mitsu Raider

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 10:07:11 EDT

"andy levy" <andy-dml@levyclan.us> wrote in message

> http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/2006/mitsubishi/raidersneak1.html
>
> Well...at least it looks better than the Dak it's based on (IMO).
> - --
> - -andy

As far as trucks go, I gotta side with Mike, my initial reaction was to
convulse because it was *that* ugly and I ended up with hot coffee up my
nose for the umpteenth time due to the DML. This truck reminds me more of a
nissan or that new bastardized $20k range rover mini-thing, mostly because
of the front end. I like that it's not as "chiseled" looking as the dak,
but that's about it. I much prefer the new dak over this truck, and that's
saying a lot because I don't really like the new dak either.

I like some of the vehicles that Mitsu is putting out and would definately
not hesitate to pick up an evo 7 or 8 if funds allowed, maybe even a first
or second gen turbo eclipse. This however is definately an eyesore and I
think they should leave the truck building to the companies that are already
doing it. The only good thing that can come from this is the 36k mile free
maintenence and very extended bumper to bumper warranty that mitsu gives on
all their cars.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L