Re: New Guy Trying to Save an Old Dakota

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 15:56:59 EST

Anne Baker wrote:

> Why Tom needs either a chiropractor, or a good strong woman to crack his
> back. ;)

You're right heh - I need a good strong woman to do engine and tranny
swaps, and welding - while I rest and watch! - That will save loads of
wear on my back!

> Road trips suck a lot more when you have no cruise control, Southern NH
> to ROC is not nice.

I have cruise on the Ram - and oddly enough I don't use it much. Even
on the open road. I've always driven things with no cruise - when I got
it, I never bothered to use it LOL - I've gotten real good at
moderating my speed with just my foot. Typically I'll find that I'm
driving along - not watching my speed - and holding at about 75 - even
when I've deliberatly increased speed, I'll see that I come back down
and hold around 75.

Guess I'm old fashioned. (shrug)

> (On a quite off topic note, I blew a tire on the Jetta, and just bought
> a set of Dunlop snow tires. I'm learning first hand how much of a black
> hole for money owning your own vehicle is.)
> ~~Anne

Ok - now - you've been on the DML how long now? And how long have you
known Mike? You are just now learning this? LOL

Attention Infidels: I am your official DBDoMPfIWUMOT!