Re: Any suggestions on how best to route the wire?

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 12:17:29 EST

"Terrible Tom" <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote in message

> wow... I'm seriously impressed. This is what separates guys like me
> from guys like Jon. I graduated from the McGuyver School Of
> Engineering. Fix anything and build anything out of bubble gum, barb
> wire, and tooth floss and get it fixed just in the nick of time to get
> me where I'm goin and it could break down at any given moment. I'm
> lucky it works at all let alone if it looks good or not! LOL

Duct tape and bailing wire is not an acceptable solution, no matter what the
locals tell you. My dad told me something all the time when I was a little
kid, that a job worth doing was worth doing right the first time. It sounds
like you need to explore this avenue. Don't worry though, it only hurts the
first time.

> Jon? Nope - no bubble gum and tooth floss for him! Jon goes all out
> from blueprints to the finished product... all perfectly powdercoated,
> soldered, and shiny. And then says he could have built it better LOL

A well laid plan helps to alleviate any potential problems later on down the
line. If I would have installed stereos the way that you perform repairs,
I'd have been out of business before I even started. If everything is all
drawn out and carefully planned, it helps you to troubleshoot failures down
the line, because you know exactly where everything is as well as what it
is. Then again, I'm borderline obsessive compulsive about stuff like that
and an engineering major, so YMMV.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L