Re: new truck <feels like>

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Nov 05 2004 - 01:14:55 EST

Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:
: Michael Maskalans wrote:
[...]
:> platinums = bad in a Magnum.....
:>
: I'm running Bosch Platinum in the Ram - havn't had any problems with
: them. I wouldn't run Champion in anything however. I'm going to go
: Autolite at my next tune up - just because I want to try them. As for
: platinum vs copper - I've heard that is just won't make any difference
: going to platinum from copper - but never that they are bad for magnums
: - any info on this Mike?

    I've heard things about the 4.7 not liking the platinum plugs,
not sure about the 360 though. At any rate, even if they don't
actually cause power loss or damage, they are probably, at best,
an ill conceived allocation of funds (that's PC talk for "a waste
of money"). ;-)

   As far as the Champions go, why the bad report? I've been
running Champion Gold truck plugs in the '96 Dak for the past
50,000 miles or so, when I hydrolocked the '92 Ram's engine I
used Champion plugs in it, and I'm using Champions in the 440 Cuda
too; no complaints with any of them. The only problem I've had
with them was in the Cuda once when I stupidly started the engine
cold once and only let it run for about a minute and a half before
shutting it off which caused the plugs to foul. Oh, and I was
dissapointed with their inability to fire the mixture of mud and
water in the Ram that one time. ;-) I'm not gonna blame that stuff
on the plugs though, both of the above were my fault. :-) Anyway,
getting back to the Champions, I'm runnin' them in all sorts of
stuff over here and have never had a problem, so I was just curious
about what the background might be behind your distaste for 'em -
I'm always eager to learn something new. :-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'