Re: new truck <feels like>

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Nov 05 2004 - 12:36:53 EST

On Nov 4, 2004, at 23:12, Terrible Tom wrote:

> Michael Maskalans wrote:
>> On Nov 4, 2004, at 21:16, Mike Sykes wrote:
>>> Gonna' do a tune-up with some red Taylor wires, Champion Plats,
>>> brass cap and rotor, and a 180 t-stat. MP computer on the way too =)
>>> It's gonna' be a good month! =)
>> platinums = bad in a Magnum.....
>> and (stupidity showing here) I thought the R/Ts already had a hotter
>> PCM? I never really thought about it.

> I'm running Bosch Platinum in the Ram - havn't had any problems with
> them. I wouldn't run Champion in anything however. I'm going to go
> Autolite at my next tune up - just because I want to try them. As for
> platinum vs copper - I've heard that is just won't make any difference
> going to platinum from copper - but never that they are bad for
> magnums - any info on this Mike?

If you do a serch in the archives you'll see a lot of people having
problems specifically with *Bosch* Platinum plugs, and with the
Platinum +4s. I didn't see anyone knocking platinum plugs outside a
4.7 in my quick search, so I guess I was recalling wrongly.

Why one brand of plug can run so poorly is something I'd really like to
know, though. (results I was seeing were from stock and upgraded
ignitions on premags and early magnums, posts were very early - '96 or
so)

--
Mike Maskalans   <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota SLT 318 4x4                    SFA & 35s