nother newbie question

From: Matt Sweeney (mbsween@frontiernet.net)
Date: Sun Nov 07 2004 - 21:27:08 EST

Okay, I have a 2004 SXT 4x4, club cab, 3.7L V6, 5 speed. All the
documentation states that it has a 22 gallon tank. I've let it go till
the guage reads empty and the low fuel light is on, then run it another
15 - 20 miles and the most it ever takes is 16 gallons. I have the dash
that only has 2 guages (temp and fuel). Is it possible the guage isn't
working or are there just 6 more gallons past E and low fuel light? Or
is it a 16 gallong tank?

I'm going to be taking into the dealer for its first service soon and
want to get as much info as I can prior to that. Is this kind of gas
guage behaviour common? Will I do any harm to the truck if I run it
empty. I'm thinking of taking a 5 gallon can and driving till it
actually runs out.

Thanks in advance

Matt