cracking foglights

From: Brian Fitchett (bfitchett@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 15:44:06 EST

As I have said before, my truck was in a wreck in March (I was there
too, but I didnt need any work) and basically the whole front was
replaced. I had put in aftermarket fog lights since my truck didnt come
with them and when the repair shop replaced the front bumper/valence
they also installed some foglights using the existing wiring that I had
used to install the aftermarket lights. They werent the same ones that
were in there before the accident. Now these new lights are cracked
while the old ones lasted 5 years with no cracking. So the question
lies here:

If they used factory (or factory-ish) fog lights with the wiring that I
put in there, could this cause them to crack? Is there a way for me to
try and determine if it is the shop's fault that these cracked
(improperly installed/wired, crappy parts)? My wife has my truck today
and took it to the shop and they said it was rock chips and they cant do
anything about it.

ARGGGH its hard to find good shops...

Brian
98 CC V6