RE: Re: Ford Guys on the dml: was roush magnums.

From: Chad Evans (hemidak@msn.com)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 16:06:02 EST

i have every option that mercury offered in 86 on my capri. The motor has
81,000 on it but i suspect a VERY tired motor. The rings are starting to go
i think plus i think i may have a head gasket that is going south on me as
well. I"ll give yah a heads up gary on what i am going to be doing over this
winter or buying to do in the spring.
1. No A/C
2. No heater core
3. No powersteering/ no powersteering pump
4. No smog/EGR
  The above mods if you want to call them that is a weight reduction of
about 20-30 pounds
5. Flaming river manual rack
6.Tubular front suspension further reducing the weight by another 30-40
pounds
7. Rear suspension- I am leaning towards steeda but i am not sure.
8. Install the rebuilt trac-loc with 3.73 gears
9. Tremec TKO 600 5-speed and the required components to install.
10. Ford motorsports aluminum driveshaft
Thats just for the car not the motor. for the motor
11. 306 short block with forged internals with I am thinking a Trick Flow
stage 2 cam.
12. Thumper performance ported e7 heads w/ gt-40 valvetrain
the following will be hear shortly
13. Cobra Intake upper and lower
14. Mass air conversion kit
15. 190 fuel pump
16. paxton fuel pressure regulator.
17. ceramic coated shorties -- Already have and installed
18. Pypes performance exhaust with x-pipe --- Already have and installed

Now gary if you want to attempt to whoop my arse. better be quick about it!!
on second thought you dont want to run and lose to a 19 year old car do yah.
Why not race my truck. Then you can say that another dodge beat you and not
a FORD product. lol

Now back to regular schedule DML programming!!

For the record, Chad's Capri would take you at the strip hands down. In