Re: Re: Shelby

From: kerib@ptd.net
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 07:48:31 EST

Jet lists two different part numbers for the 89 full size and 91 Dakota
318LA. I don't care about the rev limiter. As long as I have my electric fan
and overdrive working, I am a happy guy. As for the TB it is a choking point
on the 318LA. I will probably go with the 360 TB adapted to a 4bbl manifold
(if I can get an adapter) and MP ported heads. Also looking to a Comp Cams
kit. What headers could I use?

Thx
Tom
JAMES KNOX <knox.james@sympatico.ca> said:

> I've a Stage 2 JET on my 318LA along with recomended from JET 180 Stat and
> the same headers Mopar P/N that I've seen on a Shelby Dak. The Shelby had a
> bad day when he ran against my 91. On that occasion. Shelby 318LA, electric
> cooling fan, 91 Dak Spt mech cooling fan , Jet module eliminated my rev
> limiter. A call to Jet in Ontario California should solve this dilemma.
> Unless the throttle body on the 91 318LA makes any difference?
>
> Jim Knox, 91 Dak Spt Reg Cab, Short Box , 4X4, 318LA Factory
> Toronto, Canada

some