Re: Re: Shelby

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 01:20:58 EST

>> I don't care about the rev limiter. As long as I have my electric fan
and overdrive working, I am a happy guy. As for the TB it is a choking point
on the 318LA. I will probably go with the 360 TB adapted to a 4bbl manifold
(if I can get an adapter) and MP ported heads. Also looking to a Comp Cams
kit. What headers could I use?<<

the Jet won't really affect your OD, it really does most of it's work on
timing and fuel delivery. You'll definitely notice a richer fuel mixture.
For headers, Mopar Performance makes some that are good, and I've heard that
Hooker Super Comps flow great but have some fitment issues. A good 3"
exhaust w/hi-flow cat will work well. Also, the K&N FIPK for 92-96 Daks will
work on your truck. To be honest, you can get a universal 14" air cleaner
and a 14x3 K&N filter and get all the flow you'll need. I've done plenty of
trial and error on Gen II and Gen III parts that'll work on older trucks.
Remember, there are no stupid questions, just stupid ricers =)

-miggity
Newport News VA
2000 FR R/T CC

"...someone set up us the bomb...."