Re: 1993 V6 to V8 Conversion

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 23:17:21 EST

Bill Day wrote:
> Im telling you guys tehre are no fuel runners on mine or my father '95 v6
> magnums, the tbi do work, I can watch them squirt fuel while its running.
>

> Bill Day
> billday@comwares.net

Take a look at these pics - fortunatly I do have a digital camera that
works.

http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/throttlebodies/tbi_1.jpg
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/throttlebodies/tbi_2.jpg

This is the Fuel Injected Throttle Body on Christine's 3.9L V6.

It clearly shows two large injectors - each over a butterfly. Is that
what your throttle body looks like?

Or does it look like this one

http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/throttlebodies/mpfi_1.jpg
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/throttlebodies/mpfi_2.jpg
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/throttlebodies/mpfi_3.jpg
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/throttlebodies/mpfi_4.jpg

Those are pictures of the throttle body on my Ram's 360 Multi Port Fuel
Injected engine. You can barely see one of the injectors in one of the
pics - its red.

This throttle body only moves air... is MUCH shorter in height than that
of the TBI set up... and lacks injectors.

If you indeed have fuel injectors in your throttle bodys on both your
trucks as you claim - you have trucks which have:

1) undergone engine, wire harness, and engine computer swaps
2) had a labor intensive conversion of the original magnum engines
3) some sort of aftermarket fuel injection system (like Holly ProJection)
4) two of the most fhawking rare Dakotas to ever come off a Dodge
assembly line
5) been incorrectly titled with the wrong model years... and you
actually have a much older (1987-1990) Dakota If that was the case -
those Dakotas would have to have been converted to Gen II front end
clips - because the Throttle Body Fuel Injection system was abandoned in
1990 on V6 Dakotas.

Other option is that you are simply incorrect as to your claim that your
Gen II's are TBI instead of MPFI.

Sorry Bill - not trying to humiliate or embarass you - but what you
state just does not add up.

Attention Infidels: I am your official DBDoMPfIWUMOT!