Re: Fumoto valve discount

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 11:06:21 EST

Terrible Tom wrote:
> How fast does the Fumoto flow oil? The oily oil I spilled was when I
> was taking the filter off. (Filter relocation kit is next on my list)
> THe suredrain works - but I wish it was faster. I would consider going
> Fumoto if there is a big difference in flow ?

I try never to be in a big hurry, but it seems to flow pretty fast. The
diameter of the part of the valve that actually sticks out is a bit
smaller than the opening in the oil pan, so it does flow slower than
just pulling the plug out of the pan. Almost all of the oil is drained
out within a couple of minutes, but I usually let it sit for a good 45
minutes to let as much of the remaining oil as possible drip out.

-Bill