Re: Got my 11's and broke her :(

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 09:30:51 EST

""Dave Downing"" <ddowning@nosc.mil> wrote in message

> Man, feels like forever since I've posted here. Well, finally got into
the
> 11's, 11.87@116.03, followed it with an 11.9, felt awesome. But I killed
> two pistons in the process, slightly melted #1 and took a chunk out of
#7.
> So I'll be having a new shortblock built, forged h-beams, forged 8.5:1
> pistons, etc.etc. I'll also be putting a wideband on and revamping the
fuel
> setup to try to make sure this doesn't happen again.
>
> Oh, I just picked up a '93 Cherokee Sport for a daily driver :) 2 door,
> 4.0, auto, 4x4 (of course), black, 135K miles, no rust. Runs strong, gets
> 21mpg (and I still need to do a tuneup and change the fluids, probably
> switch to a cone K&N too), so I'm pretty happy. She'll get a mild lift
and
> some new meats eventually, but I'm just gonna enjoy the gas mileage for
now,
> besides, gotta pay for the built block before I can spend any money on the
> Jeep :) Maybe I can have her ready in time to play at the bbq next year
;)

> Hope everyone has been doing well, I'll try to keep up with the list a lil
> more :)

Good to hear from you Dave! Sorry to hear that the truck is down, but when
you get it put back together it should be a screamer considering you were
able to make 11's on a stock block.

As far as Jeeps at the BBQ goes, you wouldn't be the only one. Adam is a
Jeep convert now and SCORE brings about 15 - 20 trucks out on the Saturday
so they can join in the fun too. I would have to say that if you have a
lift and some good tires coupled with a decent bit of offroad skills, you
could probably conquer the waterfall. Adam in his Cherokee has been the
only one up it the past 2 BBQs.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L