Re: Happy Birthday DML and Happy Anniversary!

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 15:31:22 EST

"Bill Pitz" <dakota@billpitz.com> wrote in message

> I think you and I both thought the truck plant would be a cool idea last
> time around -- but IIRC, someone mentioned a club meet of some sort at
> the plant at one point in the past and they received little (if any)
> attention from DC. The ideal would be to show up there with a couple
> hundred trucks and demand that they let us in :-)

That would be really cool. Where are our trucks built? I know mine came
from Warren MI but I can't speak for anyone else's truck.

> I agree. I'd love to make it to the BBQ, but it's just too far to be
> practical for me to drive. I could fly, but then I wouldn't have my
> truck, which would defeat the whole purpose.

You could fly in and rent a Dak....

> It seems to me that the only remotely fair way to do it is going to be
> to pick a spot in the middle of the country. That way it isn't *too*
> far from either coast. Sure, the people who live in the middle of the
> country will be closer, but we have to give those folks some advantages
> seomtimes :-)

I was thinking this myself. I hear St.Louis is a pretty nice place, and
that's pretty centralized in the country. It would be nice to be able to
get everyone together like the R/T club does. There are enough members on
the DML so that if 80% of the members could make it, we've have enough for
most (if not all) of a campground. *THAT* would be cool. Imagine pulling
into a campground and seeing nothing but Dakotas in every spot.

> OR (here goes with the crazy DML ideas again) we could organize a west
> coast and an east coast meet with live audio/video feeds between the
> two! A few cameras, some fast 'net links, a couple of projectors... I
> love spending artificial money.

If there's a large enough turnout, I'm sure someone would have access to
borrow some of the equipment required for this. Someone who has a website
could set up a VPN that we could all conference into and we could go through
there. Most people have broadband access now, as do most hotels, so I'm
sure this could be arranged.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L