RE: Re: Re: RE: Got my 11's and broke her :(

From: nichols, christopher (chrisn@emc.com)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 15:45:12 EST

> GSX = all wheel drive. I'd really be suprised to hear about traction
> problems in an AWD car.

No, I usually don't have traction problems. On street tires, I usually pull
1.6-1.7 60 foot times. I was still trying to get the tuning down and didn't
want to miss any gears to get some repeatable runs to compare logs, so I
wasn't really shifting all that aggressively. Judging by the fact that I
ran 11.85 @ 114 last year on a smaller turbo shifting it like I should, I
should have an 11.3-11.4 in her or so, easy.

As for the tranny and transfer case, the only thing I've done is upgraded
the center diff from a 2-spider to a 4-spider diff. That's it - still the
stock tranny with 106k on it, and 400+ 1/4 passes. I use my clutch as a
fuse, instead of the tranny.

At the track, I run about 27-28psi on race gas. On the street, I dial it
back to a paltry 20-21. It's refreshing even at that power level, though...
;)

Chris