Re: RE: Re: Re: RE: Got my 11's and broke her :(

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 16:31:06 EST

""nichols, christopher"" <chrisn@emc.com> wrote in message

> No, I usually don't have traction problems. On street tires, I usually
pull
> 1.6-1.7 60 foot times. I was still trying to get the tuning down and
didn't
> want to miss any gears to get some repeatable runs to compare logs, so I
> wasn't really shifting all that aggressively. Judging by the fact that I
> ran 11.85 @ 114 last year on a smaller turbo shifting it like I should, I
> should have an 11.3-11.4 in her or so, easy.

Nice. Was that 11.85 run on the stock T-25 or something larger (but smaller
than your current one)?

> As for the tranny and transfer case, the only thing I've done is upgraded
> the center diff from a 2-spider to a 4-spider diff. That's it - still the
> stock tranny with 106k on it, and 400+ 1/4 passes. I use my clutch as a
> fuse, instead of the tranny.

That's how my friend does it too, he was having issues shearing teeth off of
the gears when the boost came on. With a 2wd one, it's scary real quick
sometimes. When you lay into it at 80mph and the it smokes the front tires
it kinda scares the shit out of you (not to mention those around you). He
beat an EVO 7 out of a toll booth one time, and that was me as a passenger,
whereas the EVO only had the driver in it.

> At the track, I run about 27-28psi on race gas. On the street, I dial it
> back to a paltry 20-21. It's refreshing even at that power level,
though...

27 or 28 psi? IIRC, that's beyond the stock PCM's range of acceptable boost
levels. Fuel cutoff is right at 25 psi. Now the question becomes: what are
you using for management and boost control?

Steve runs his at about 23 - 24 psi for daily driving, it's rediculous. You
see many a suprised driver with Steve behind the wheel. You should have
seen the look on the guy's face when we annhillated his Z06 Vette. He
actually pulled up at the next light and told Steve his car was rediculously
fast.

We probably shouldn't clutter the list with this so if you reply, just send
it to me directly.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L