Re: Happy Birthday DML and Happy Anniversary!

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Nov 19 2004 - 11:35:30 EST

Bill Pitz said:

> I agree. I'd love to make it to the BBQ, but it's just too far to be
> practical for me to drive. I could fly, but then I wouldn't have my
> truck, which would defeat the whole purpose.

Nah, I'd say the purpose is to meet the people on the list, put faces to
the names, hang around and have a good time. If you can bring your truck,
it's a bonus but if not, it's still fun.

> 4 corners would definitely be neat, yes, and I would be willing to make
> the journey there for a meet. It'd probably be too far and too
> expensive for the members in the northeast (except for the really crazy
> ones) to make it.

Which seems to describe most of us :-).

> Maybe everyone coming from the east could pitch in
> and rent a large car trailer which Jon could be volunteered to tow with
> the CTD :-)

I was thinking a C-5 cargo transport. Jon has a pilot's license, how
difficult could it be?

> Hmm... I can just see it now. How would I explain the thorough coating
> of mud on everything? You know that everyone abuses rental cars.. :)

This was a rental...
http://www.dakota-truck.net/MEET/dmlbbq03/pics/andy/Saturday/mudpit/011.jpg
http://www.dakota-truck.net/MEET/dmlbbq03/pics/andy/Saturday/mudpit/010.jpg

> I can get high speed access to anywhere if I know far enough in advance...

I think you just volunteered to arrange it for us :-).