Re: What about Lake Powell?

From: Joe Levy (JRLevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 15:07:50 EST

We passed through on our way between Grand Canyon and Bryce/Zion back in
September. From the Glen Canyon Dam, the lake looks very low, and I
just saw an announcement about a massive release intended to restore
some animal habitats downstream. Many marinas are shut down because
their docks don't extend to the water anymore. Of course, that could all
change with a good, wet winter. But, it's a beautiful area and lots of
stuff to do.
Page, AZ (at the Glen Canyon Dam) is near (relatively) both North and
South Rims of the Grand Canyon, Zion Nat'l Park, Bryce Canyon Nat'l
Park, and within driving distance (less than a day's drive) of 4
Corners, Arches, Canyonlands, Moab, Mesa Verde, Sedona.
But, be warned, it's not a short drive for anyone. It's about 2400 miles
from our home near Albany.

Joe